[pdftex] Re: pdftex] pdftex = acrobat ?

Thierry Bouche Thierry.Bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr
Sat Oct 22 13:15:22 CEST 2005

Le samedi 22 octobre 2005 à 02:33:27, Reinhard écrivit :

RK> Unfortunately ImageMagick is incredibly slow and produces huge files.

yes. Moreover, AFAIK, imagemagick tends to interpret the input and
build a new image stream in the PDF (possibly Flate compressed rather
than JPEG). This is the main issue for me: I just want to keep the
exact JPEG streams I have in separate JPEGs and make one PDF that is
no more than the collection of these.

RK> BTW, I suppose that Thierry wants to create a photo album.

Well, not exactly. In that case, I just tried to make a PDF virtual
book with existing separate scanned pages. If you're interested in
typography, you can imagine what a wonderful experience it is to
browse the Hypnerotomachia Poliphili in acrobat's 2-pages mode made
from the large color scans available somewhere in America.

(and I have more practical applications too, but of the same kind)

Th.