[pdftex] Using value set via \typein

Dario Teixeira nlv13684 at natlab.research.philips.com
Fri Oct 21 12:37:17 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am using the \typein command with pdflatex to generate
on demand a PDF file with/without colour links.

However, this does work: (the dots stand for the full
hyperindex options)

\typein[\colouroutput]{Enter "true" or "false".}
\hypersetup{pdftex,...,colorlinks=\colouroutput}

Interesting enough, if I test \colouroutput with
\ifthenelse, then it works: (though obviously an
ugly solution)

\ifthenelse{\equal{\colouroutput}{true}}{%
\hypersetup{pdftex,...,colorlinks=true}}{%
\hypersetup{pdftex,...,colorlinks=false}}

What am I missing?...

Thanks in advance for your help!
Regards,
Dario Teixeira