[pdftex] fonts

ivo_welch-pdftex at mailblocks.com ivo_welch-pdftex at mailblocks.com
Tue Oct 11 15:21:05 CEST 2005

...and we of course all hope that with all these different fonts will
come a utility program that will be smart enough to ask the user where
his font [and perhaps other necessary files] sit, understand [perhaps
even guess] encodings, then copy/load them all correctly into the TeX
distribution (pdftex, latex, dvips, etc), and tell the user "now you
can use your font xyzxyzxyz, use \\font{xyz}\n".

at this point, even an idiot like myself could install fonts in 5
minutes, not in my usual several hours of guessing.  I know it's a
dream.

regards,

/iaw
---