[pdftex] Re: GrailTeX -- Yet Another TeX Distribution

Aleks Kleyn Aleks_Kleyn at MailAPS.org
Sat Oct 1 17:45:33 CEST 2005

I looked at this link and found exe files which work in windows. But soon I
have question. I saw there pdfTeX, but there is no pdflatex. Do different
people write these modules and why when pdflatex starts it refers to pdfetex
which is not called by it. Also I saw pdfplatex which refers to pdfTeX. What
is difference between pdfTeX and pdfetex. It looks like their output is
similar.

Aleks Kleyn
http://www.geocities.com/aleks_kleyn

-----Original Message-----
From: pdftex-bounces at tug.org [mailto:pdftex-bounces at tug.org] On Behalf Of
Nagy Bence
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 5:04 AM
To: pdftex at tug.org; ntg-pdftex at ntg.nl
Subject: [pdftex] Re: GrailTeX -- Yet Another TeX Distribution

Dear TeX-friends,

I made a compact LaTeX-based TeX-distribution which can be very usable
e.g. for building TeX-based web solutions. GrailTeX is downloadable from

http://www.tipogral.hu/index.rhtml/grailtex

Most interesting features: package-based architecture with dependency
support, the latest pdfeTeX binary (named grailtex) with unstable
patches, Latin Modern Type1 fonts instead of bitmapped Metafont Computer
Modern (EC) files...

There is currently just a minimal documentation on its website.

Any comments are welcomed!

Greetings, Bence

--
Nagy Bence