[pdftex] multiple embedded pdf figures

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Sat Nov 26 08:48:58 CET 2005

>   > there is no such file bibtex.web in my existing tetex tree. [...]
> Did you copy the pdftex sources into the tetex *source* tree?

The error was tun run make from the src directory. INSTALL has the
instructions and an explanation:

    INSTALL for pdfTeX 1.30.4
    =========================

    This distribution is a stripped-down version of the TeXlive distribution.
    All source code is in the directory src; the script Build will generate and
    populate a directory build.

    The code of pdfTeX is in src/texk/web2c/pdftexdir and src/texk/web2c/pdfetexdir

    Try the script Build in this directory. If it succeeds, you should end up with
    the files pdftex, pdfetex, pdftex.pool and pdfetex.pool in build/texk/web2c

The Build script runs
  make pdftex pdfetex
in src/texk/web2c.

Thomas