[pdftex] multiple embedded pdf figures

ivo welch ivowel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 02:52:46 CET 2005

hi martin:  it isn't easy, or at least not obvious.  I did download 1.30.4,
created a symbolic link from tetex's /usr/share to /usr/local/teTeX/share so
that the configure would no longer complain, did a ./configure in src, and
then a make.  alas, it dies with
  make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/pdftex-1.30.4/src/texk/web2c'
  make[2]: *** No rule to make target `bibtex.web', needed by `bibtex.p'.
Stop.
there is no such file bibtex.web in my existing tetex tree.  it's probably
not a bug, just my ignorance.

hans h suggested that I could try pdftops (from xpdf) and then a distill
(ps2pdf).  this almost works.  it drastically reduces the number of fonts in
my documents, and eliminates many duplicates, although the pdf file size
increases.  My only remaining duplicate fonts is now "DFWMOC+Symbol".

regards,

/ivo