[pdftex] Replacement for psframebox?

Geoffrey Alan Washburn geoffw at cis.upenn.edu
Tue Nov 15 17:01:01 CET 2005

John R. Culleton wrote:
> AFAIK You can use pstricks in pdftex if you specify dvi output,
> and then go through two extra steps (dvips followed by ps2pdf) to
> create the pdf file. Possibly the pdftricks package would apply
> also; I have never used it.
>
> I am of course referring to pdftex and not pdflatex. What goes on
> in pdflatex I don't know.

    Right, but then I would need to handle all of the font expansions by
hand.

    I briefly looked at the pdftricks package and it sounded like a
rather horrible hack, and I don't really need all of pstricks anyway, I
just need a replacement for \psframebox.

--
[Geoff Washburn|geoffw at cis.upenn.edu|http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~geoffw/]