[pdftex] pdfannot

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 11:38:46 CET 2005

Thanks,

AMRITA definitely looks great but unfortunately underlying LaTeX is
what I am interested. There is no discussion that AR is the only
full-featured pdfviewer (even Apple Preview does not have certain
features implemented).

Since you seem to be involved with AMRITA :-), I would like to explain
why I probably will not use it: what is downloaded is a perl script
which presumes that I must have an acroread installed in Xwindows
environment. On Mac (and I presume Windows) it is not the case. I
think that script should have more flexibility and either to allow
external configuration or just not to care where acroread is since
acroread is not going to change files.

Actually, opening in pdf reveals installation instructions. Now after
signature checking I am running

% perl AMRITAv2.29_R15-05-2005 -build

which generates AMRITA_KIT and an error message
can't use -build without a current AMRITA installation!

Still despite my claim that I will not probably use it, I would like
to make it work
                                           Victor