[pdftex] pdfannot

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 01:41:53 CET 2005

On 11/5/05, Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 09:10:44AM -0500, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> > I was long ago interested in. I think that  Notes could be a nice
> > alternative to footnotes
>
> They aren't in general, because many PDF viewers are not able
> to display them (xpdf, gs, ...).

I am aware of this. In fact I suspect that none but AR/Acrobat can
handle this. Still AR exists for most of the platforms and in certain
circumstances it could be beneficial

It looks loke in

\pdfannot
height 4cm
width 4cm
depth 4cm
{
/Subtype /Text
/Open true
/T (My note)
/C [1 0 0]
/Contents %
(This note is produced by Latex)
}

while ``height'' changes the position of the ``note'' icon,  ``width''
and ``depth'' have no effect. (Tested with
pdflatex-3.141592-1.30.4-2.2)

1) Can anyone confirm this? Is there any way to control a position of
the note itself
(at opening; sure one can drag and rescale it in AR)

2) While /C changes note color, I could not find a way to change an
icon. I failed
to find info in few manuals or looking at attachfile.sty source

3) There seems to be no way to change the note font and fontsize. Am I correct?

4) OT
AR7 for Mac/Windows can comment ``comment enabled via Acrobat 7''
pdffiles. I presumed that this is true for AR7 for Linux until one of
my colleagues showed me that
is not the case (he has AR7.01 for RedHat). Can anyone who has AR7 on
Linux to ellaborate?

Thank you in advance

I am changing subject since it is not `hoover' anymore.