[pdftex] PDFLaTeX fflush error

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Tue May 17 19:40:10 CEST 2005

Hi Adalberto,

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Adalberto A. Dornelles F. wrote:

> If I include just four or five chapters, ok, everything is perfect.
> But if I include allchapters I get a error message:
>
> Error: pdflatex: fflush() failed
> ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file is not finished!

no real idea, the source code only tells that a stream is flushed,
nothing astonishing. Maybe it's as simple as your harddisc gets
overfull? Or maybe some weird problem of a library or the operating
system? Can you try it on another computer?

Just checked: pdflatex stops processing a test file here (debian sarge,
teTeX-3.0) at jpeg image no. 1017 ("To many open files" -- comes from
where?), but with plain pdfetex even 5000 jpegs don't cause any problem.

Regards, Hartmut