[pdftex] reference to remote document

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Sun May 15 00:04:11 CEST 2005

On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 04:45:20PM -0400, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> On 5/14/05, Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Mixing with/without hyperref is problematic, for the target
> > > an anchor is needed that is exported in the .aux file, that
> > > is done by hyperref. In the other file the link is also done
> > > by hyperref.
> >

> > So far this is good as long as I am producing both files. However, if I want
> > to place a link to some external target file which does not have
> > anchors, can I target
> > a specific page of it?

The PDF specification allows this, but there is no clean interface
for this feature in hyperref.

> Sorry for asking what I could guess by myself: just put after # not an anchor
> name but the expressionPage=12:
>
> http://www.myserver.com/mydoc.pdf#Page=12

Surprised. It seems to be a feature of the browser plugin.
Also lowercase works here: ...mydoc.pdf#page=12
But it isn't working in AR7/Linux or xpdf3. ("Page=12" can
also be a legal anchor name.)

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>