[pdftex] pdftex setting metafont mode?

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Sun May 1 21:56:26 CEST 2005

On Sun, 1 May 2005, Karl Berry wrote:

> Is there a way to set the mf mode name in pdftex?

seems not yet. Last status was about "...(it could be added)".

> So mktexpk knows what to do when \pdfpkresolution is set to something
> that doesn't match the system default.

needs making some \pdfmfmode{luxo} primitive, that gives the mode string

kpse_init_prog ('PDFTEX', fixed_pk_resolution, mode, nil);

> I seem to recall discussing this before, but I don't see any changes
> in this regard in the latest releases.

somehow it got forgotten. The mode then should also be dumped into the
format (same way as Olaf did with format_engine), then maybe best if the
mode takes precedence over the mode default. Will try...

Regards, Hartmut