[pdftex] OT: Linux AR 7.0 released

Joern Clausen joern at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Sun May 1 17:26:08 CEST 2005

On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 03:19:24PM +0200, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

>   > Slightly OT follow-up.  AR 7.0 for Linux is quite nice, but has an
>   > annoying bug in its fullscreen mode.  On my thinkpad at any rate
>   > (and I've heard this from some other people), when you select
>   > full-screen mode it displays a window that is offset relative to
>   > the actual screen.  [...]
>
> I cannot reproduce this on the machines (i368 Fedora) here at the BachoTeX
> conference.

This behaviour is known from much older *nix versions of Acrobat Reader,
e.g. versions 4 and 5 under Solaris. The main factor is the window
manager. twm and its derivates are known to have this problem, maybe
other too. I'm not sure which WMs handle this situation better.

Joern

--
 Joern Clausen                   http://www.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE/~joern/
 joern at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE                http://thebloeg.blogspot.com/