[pdftex] pdflatex cannot open pdf file for writing on windows

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Jun 10 11:08:39 CEST 2005

The Thanh Han wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a friend of mine asked me how to solve this problem: when
> using pdftex on windows, it cannot open the pdf file for
> writting if the pdf file is being opened by acrobat reader.
> I am not using pdftex on windows so I don't know the
> answer. Can someone please help me with this?

well, close the pdf file before pdftex starts; closing the file and then hitting
return works ok

there are also fabrice popineaus pdfopen and pdfclose programs that you can use
to open and close files; you can then make a small batch file/script that
closes, processes and opens; at least that;s what i have here when i run from
the editor; taco hoekwater made a version of pdfopen and pdfclose for unix

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE