[pdftex] Highlighting text within the same document

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jun 7 13:18:33 CEST 2005

On Thursday 26 May 2005 06:15 am, Seema P Damani wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I am trying to highlight a word/phrase that is a hyperlink to some other
> entity such as a item within a glossary.
>
> Example: Course Bulletin is ..........
>
> I need Course Bulletin to be highlighted so that when I click on it, it
> takes me to the Glossary where the term Course Bulletin appears.
>
> Please suggest a way to achieve this.
>
> Thanks,
> Seema

hypertext only has meaning when using an online reader such as
Acrobat Reader or Xpdf. All these packages will display color. So
I would change the color of the linked text to blue or cyan.

You don't say if you are using regular or "plain" pdftex or
pdflatex. But using an example from the pdftex example.tex
program:

\leftline{this is a link to
 \pdfstartlink
\Cyan the previous view\Black