[pdftex] update to pdfbook utility

Tigran Aivazian tigran at bibles.org.uk
Wed Jul 27 14:06:24 CEST 2005

Hi,

I apologize for not responding --- I was extremely busy, sorry.

But the reason I didn't respond is because I considered my pdfbook utility
obsoleted by a much more powerful pdfpages package.

So, please explain why use pdfbook when you can do EVERYTHING it does (and
much more!) with pdfpages?

The reason I wrote pdfbook.c was when pdfpages did NOT support right to
left binding required for Hebrew books (and Bible in particular). But then
I emailed Andreas Matthias (the author of pdfpages) and he fixed this
problem by adding a starred version of signature*= parameter which
supports Hebrew binding.

Kind regards
Tigran