[pdftex] Landscape and Acroread

Geoff Russell geoff at austrics.com.au
Tue Jul 26 13:38:11 CEST 2005

Hi all,

This seems to be my week for little problems!

I'm using pdftex to generate a landscape document using the following
at the top of my .tex file:

\pdfpageheight=210 true mm
\pdfpagewidth=297 true mm
\pdfpagesattr{ /MediaBox [ 0 0 595 842 ]  /PageSize (A4)  /Rotate -90 }

This works fine for xpdf, but not for acroread (7.0). Since most people
I will send the document to will be using acroread then I'd like to make
sure it works with acroread also.

Acroread doesn't rotate the page before printing.

                ------------------------
                | Stuff is printed off |
                | the edge of the page |
                |           |          | <- page image
                |           |          |
                |           |          |
                ------------------------
                |           |
                |  paper    |

The problem seems to be that pdftex.cfg has one thing while the tex file
has another so there are conflicting MediaBox lines in the pdf.

Cheers,
Geoff Russell

6 Fifth Ave,              Home: 08 8332 5069
St Morris 5068          Office: 08 8207 2029
Adelaide Australia       Email: geoff at austrics.com.au