[pdftex] Annoying newbie question about pdftex and OpenType fonts

John Haugeland jhaugela at uchicago.edu
Fri Jan 28 20:40:15 CET 2005

I am writing a book that I would like to compose in TexShop and typeset
with TeX. But I would like to use one of Adobe's "Type Classics"
OpenType fonts – with access to all the glyphs – in particular the
matching Greek. I gather that this can be done with XeTeX; but that
doesn't provide the refined kerning, etc., of pdftex. Does the latter
likewise afford full access to all the OpenType glyphs, or do I have to
choose?

John Haugeland
University of Chicago