[pdftex] Strange printing problem

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Jan 25 21:52:14 CET 2005

  > The last result was: Even on the other rip the pdf failed. When
  > converting all to curves (with Solvero) the film is ok. I strongly
  > suspect that the special font is broken somehow. The pdf itself
  > looks ok. It selects the correct font numbers.

How does the RIP work?  Does it create a bitmap from the PDF in one
step, as the name `RIP' implies, or does it create an intermediate
PostScript file?  If the latter is the case, I think that if you can
get this file, there is a little chance to find out what is going on.

Regards,
  reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25