[pdftex] Strange printing problem

the_shelter pdftex at the-shelter.de
Mon Jan 24 13:41:35 CET 2005

Hello Martin,

MS> On 2005-01-24 11:22:49 +0100, Ulrich Dirr wrote:
>> I've no clue how this could happen. Any ideas?

MS> - broken rip at the printing house
MS> - problems with non-embedded fonts

MS> Preflighting at the printing house should catch both of these.

MS> Best regards
MS>         Martin

I agree with Martin.

In this case a proper preflight software should tell what's going
wrong- on the other hand the preflighter could also be the problem,
i.e. if they have set it to exchange fonts, 'repair'  a pdf,... could
lead to a lot of problems.
I suggest to have a proof taken some other place. We have recently
quite successfully used a new service:
www.proof-online.de
When you register you even get an a4 proof free, so maybe you want to
give it a riskless shot???
They even claim to offer preflight checking in the new future and they
are FOGRA certified.
The biggest plus we see is the price: They are a whole lot cheaper
compared to all proofing we have seen so far.

Chhers,

                        mailto:pdftex at the-shelter.de