[pdftex] Adobe Reader 7 beta hits Linux desktops (fwd)

Tigran Aivazian tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jan 16 23:36:23 CET 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, James Quirk wrote:

> There is a news article at:
>
>     http://www.pdfzone.com
>
> that indicates Adobe is currently beta testing a Linux version of Adobe
> Reader 7.0. This is a welcome development for Linux users, given
> that we did not get a version of Acroread 6.

Their website says:

  Due to the overwhelming response received from customers, we have closed
  the pre-release program. To download released versions of Adobe Reader
  for different platforms, please follow Step 1 below to select your
  platform, language and connection speed.

So, unless you have a copy and put it somewhere for download (and
thus break the license agreement with Adobe, but who cares), we will
have to wait for the official release...

Kind regards
Tigran