[pdftex] Linux AR5.0.10 bug?: "Expected a name object" - Radio Buttons

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jan 11 10:48:24 CET 2005

Marco Loskamp wrote:

> Now, what happened with my file is that I declared a radio *parent* button
> as an annotation, so that ended up in the /Annots[...] array. BUT: a radio
> button is NOT an annotation, it's only a simple PDF object. So, declaring
> it with \pdfobj solved the problem. I'm soo thrilled it works now!

more precisely: a radio button is a collection of related buttons; each of those
buttons is an annotation; the relationship between the buttons is defined in the
parent object (since it is not rendered and has no actions it's an ordinary
object);

if in your previous attempts the 'parent' was an annotation, it normally should
not fail because the 'type/subtype keys' would be ignored (keys that don;t make
sense are mostly ignored); it's probably the print backend that ran into
troubles, nor being able to render an appearance for your parent (since it was
mentioned in the annots it had to)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE