[pdftex] Hover effects in pdftex.

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Mon Dec 12 02:16:07 CET 2005

Hi all,

This is an old-ish thread, but there is one type of annotation
that wasn't discussed, so far as I recall.

On 06/11/2005, at 4:22 AM, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

Hello Ross,

you have send this to me only. Perhaps you wanted to send it
to the list?

> On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 09:10:44AM -0500, Victor Ivrii wrote:

>> For me hover
>> effect is the side-effect of Commenting and Drawing Markups - the
>> question which
>> I was long ago interested in. I think that  Notes could be a nice
>> alternative to footnotes

I know how to put an image onto a button, and to show/hide
the button using JavaScript, in response to a click over
an active rectangle.
This works fine for popping-up an image at a fixed place.

What I'd also like to do is to have the image able to be
selected and moved around using the mouse, as if in its
own mini-window having its own selection-bars, and with
its own close-box.

This is possible with text-annotations, but is it possible
with arbitrary TeX-typeset material, say as with the image
on a button trick ?
If so, does anyone have sample coding that implements this ?

I've tried unsuccessfully to create an example, using the Tools in
Acrobat 6. Something like the Loupe window would be perfect,
but this seems to be just a viewing tool, not something that
can be specified within the document being viewed.

An alternative effect might be to have the image in a separate
'minimal' document window, without all the navigation and selection
tools that Reader normally provides. How to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au