[pdftex] Link to attached file?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 12:54:10 CET 2005

On 12/11/05, Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 04:59:01AM -0500, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> References are written at page shipout time, because then the
> page number is known.

I understand this but I presume that on the second run it should be already
known. I suspect I am wrong here but why?

> The reference of \label{a} is not yet written, because this
> is on the same page and the page is output at this time.
>
> > \attachfile{note1.pdf}
> > \end{document}
>
> At least you need a page break between the \label command
> and the run of pdflatex in \write18. But a risk in your approach
> remains: The writing of the .aux file could be delayed/cached
> by the OS. Thus the "pdflatex note1" is better executed after
> the .aux file is closed, e.g. after the "pdflatex master" run.

I tried to use \write18 without \immediate but it did not work either.
Is there any command opposite immediate?
However the problem is that I need note1.pdf at the moment to attach it.

Should I use some extra auxillary file to store some info?

I cannot find any reference what number 18 in write means. I know that \write
requires a number after.

Thanks again. Victor