[pdftex] Reference to attached file

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 12:20:13 CET 2005

Let put in preamble

\usepackage{filecontents}
\usepackage{xr-hyper}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\usepackage{attachfile}

and let's place somewhere in the document

\begin{filecontents}{note1}
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage{xr-hyper}
\usepackage{hyperref}

% \externaldocument[main-]{main}[main.pdf]

\begin{document}
Blah-blah

% \ref{main-eqn3}

\newpage

Blah-blah-more-blah-blah

%% \label{blah}

\end{document}
\end{filecontents}

\immediate\write18{pdflatex note1}
\attachfile{note1.pdf}

%%

Then running pdflatex --shell-escape  produces also note1.pdf which is also
attached to main.pdf

%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Now

1) I want make a reference in note1 to eqn3 in the main.pdf. To do
this I need to
activate

\externaldocument[main-]{main}[main.pdf]

\ref{main-eqn3}

in the preamble and body respectively. Unfortunately \externaldocument
returns an
error
->\newlabel{2-39}{{2.39}{32}{Ca..
!Fle ended within \read.
<read0>

I.11 \externaldocument[main-]{main}[main.pdf]

Here 2-39 is a label completely unrelated (well before) I inserted in
the document
the ansatz above.

So, how I can make this reference from attachment (note1.pdf) to main.pdf work?

2) How I can make working \pageref{blah}?

I can make these links with Acrobat but I am looking for a LaTeX solution.
Thank you very much in advance.