[pdftex] float that floats too much

Michael Chapman pdftex at mchapman.com
Thu Apr 28 08:04:22 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 6:28 pm, Marcio Froelich Friedrich wrote:
> How can I stop a float from crossing to the next \section?
> Or maybe, what can I do to make this float stay before a \newpage or a
> \pagebreak command?

Robin Fairbairns' advice is obviously better than what follows (i.e. getting
them to behave how you want rather than just 'fixing').
This though may be a quick solution:

\clearpage ---ends the current page and causes all figures and tables that
have so far appeared in the input to be printed.

\cleardoublepage     --- ditto as regards figures and tables.

Must admit I was 'surprised' once when using 'book' and '\chapter' in Latex
to see my illustrations sliding into the middle of the next chapter.

Michael Chapman