[pdftex] adobe lifecycle?

ivo welch ivo_welch at mailblocks.com
Mon Apr 4 16:08:05 CEST 2005

dear pdftex wizards:

I just ran across the adobe lifecycle document security data sheet.  I
am not 100% clear whether this functionality is in the plain, native,
free adobe acrobat reader, but it does seem to be this way.  the
slashdot story
http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/05/04/02/1928211.shtml?tid=158&tid=17
also suggests that this technology can be used for remote tracking when
the ordinary acrobat reader is invoked.

if this is so, it seems possible to use this technology to let pdf
documents expire, perhaps by obtaining a required item from a website.
for me, this technology would be nice---I change my book-in-progress so
often that I would love to force my users to reload it at least once a
year.

can this technology be supported in pdflatex?

sincerely,

/iaw