[pdftex] Cropping bottom margin off one-page documents.

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Sep 22 00:27:17 CEST 2004

>>>>> "Heiko" == Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de> writes:

    > do not change the number of bytes,
    > otherwise the xref table will be wrong.

... and do not use xpdf to check whether the resulting PDF file is
valid.  xpdf is able to display PDF files with broken xref tables.
Unfortunately it is not able to store the repaired file to disk or, at
least, I didn't find out how to do that.  But that would be a nice
feature.

If you edit the PDF file manually, then check whether your file can be
read by Adobe programs.  At least if you intend to give it away.
Checking with Adobe software is always a good idea.  It's the smallest
common denominator.  If Adobe software is able to process a PDF file
you can be sure that any other program produces correct output.

BTW., can anyone tell me how to convince acroread to display the
current time?

If you do not understand my question, simply run

   strace /usr/bin/env acroread

on a UNIX system.

Regards,
  Reinhard