[pdftex] Cropping bottom margin off one-page documents.

jackos jackos1 at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Sep 21 20:06:56 CEST 2004

Heiko Oberdiek wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 08:38:28AM +0000, Michael Chapman wrote:
>

>>I have several thousand one-page pdf-documents that I wish to trim the white
>>space off the bottom of.
>>Using 'pdfcrop' (and re-creating the top, left and right margins using the
>>"--margins" flag in 'pdfcrop') gives the required layout.

What about converting each single-page document into XObject via
\pdfximage primitive? In such a case, specified pdf page box is
sibstituted by BBox of resulting XObject (image), and positioned on the
output page in any way you want. AFAIK there is

\pdfoptionalwaysusepdfpageboxes

parameter which allows to control, which page box is taken into
consideration while embedding pdf page as an image. Are all these pages
to be cropped in the same way?

Regards, Pawel