[pdftex] Overprint/Knockout with \pdfobj / \pdfximage

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu May 27 23:26:13 CEST 2004

At 23:12 26/05/2004, Martin Schröder wrote:
>On 2004-05-26 21:21:32 +0200, JEBs wrote:
> > Joooo, there's someone who seem to have some know-how in this...
>
>Yes. :-)
>
> > >And of course you need to switch on the ExtGState at the right
> > >place.
> > >
> > Please think I'm boneheaded and give me a noob example ;)
>
>Hint: There's an operator for switching the ExtGState. The PDF
>Reference has a list of operators and a very good index.

it's: /YourStateName gs

don't forget to also define one that reset the state; pdf does not have
grouping for this; also, there is no reset state&color operator (i consider
this an omision)

since the state is also needed on a per page base, also add an entry the
the page dictionary (pdfpageattr) or xform attr

Hans