[pdftex] Overprint/Knockout with \pdfobj / \pdfximage

JEBs JEBs at shbe.org
Wed May 26 21:21:32 CEST 2004

Joooo, there's someone who seem to have some know-how in this...

>>I know that it has something to do with the "Graphics State"
>>structure/parameter block and tried to use/activate it as \pdfobj or
>>\pdfpageattr but again, NONE of my tries returned the correct results.
>>

>>Is there anybody out there who can help me in the syntax/usage or has a
>>sample for me ?
>>

>Try this:
>\immediate\pdfobj {
>    << /Type /ExtGState
>       /OP true
>    >>
>    }%
>\edef\myobj{\the\pdflastobj}%
>\edef\next{\global\pdfpageresources {%
>    /ExtGState << /GSjeb \myobj\space 0 R >>}%
>\next

Ahh, it look in some way different than my previous tries I made before,
let me try... ;)

2 hours later ... :(

Feel somehow dipshit :/
I hate doing things when I don't really understand them ...
However think I tried all combination I could figure out... no
successful result.
While checked my first tries with my postscript printer I check them now
with PitStop, because:
1.) I don't trust my printers PS-Interpreter anymore.
2.) I've had the hope to see any kind of changes in PitStop.

but nothing :/

I'm sorry that I can't present you any kind of error message or the like...
The object itself is created of course:
5 0 obj
 << /Type /ExtGState /OP true >>
endobj

It's used @:
10 0 obj <<
/ExtGState << /GSjeb 5 0 R >>
/Font << /F25 16 0 R >>
/XObject << /Fm1 9 0 R >>
/ProcSet [ /PDF /Text ]
 >> endobj

the parent of obj 10 is @:
7 0 obj <<
/Type /Page
/Contents 11 0 R
/Resources 10 0 R
/MediaBox [0 0 595.276 841.89]
/TrimBox [0 0 595.2756 841.8898]
/Parent 17 0 R
 >> endobj

while 7 0 R couldn't be found by me, except it would be inside a [
attribute ] for which I don't know the syntax ?!

>And of course you need to switch on the ExtGState at the right
>place.

Please think I'm boneheaded and give me a noob example ;)

TIA
    JEBs