[pdftex] errors from AR caused by color package

Ben Crowell pdftexcrowell04 at lightandmatter.com
Mon May 24 20:55:10 CEST 2004

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
>I just checked whether your examples produce different PDF output
>because in AR they looked identical.

Oh, now I get it! I think the answer is that they produced identical
output on your machine, but not on mine. I know they weren't identical
on my machine, because one produced errors in AR, and one didn't.
I don't understand all the technical details, but from Thomas Esser's
post, it sounds like there was something goofy about my own
TeX installation.

Thanks, everybody, for your very helpful and detailed responses to
my question; I can tell that you folks put a lot of effort into
helping me out. I now have a workaround that cures my own installation,
and it sounds like Thomas Esser understand the issue, and has either
fixed it already, or knows how to make sure it won't happen future
releases of teTeX.