[pdftex] djgpp binaries for pdftex-1.20a-rc4 available

The Thanh Han hanthethanh at myrealbox.com
Mon May 24 11:11:56 CEST 2004

Hi,

the recent djgpp binaries seem to have problem. After some digging on
the Internet it seems to be a problem with gcc-3.2.2 when using
libstdc++ (C programs run fine). In the beginning I thought it is
related to linux powerpc only (I am running the cross compiler on linux
powerpc -- debian woody), but other people also have the same problem on
other platforms.

After another a few days strugling hard I got to build gcc-2.95.2 and
rebuild pdftex with that new cross compiler. The binaries are available
at http://pdftex.sarovar.org/djgpp

I did a simple test (pdftex story.tex \\bye) on win2k and it seems to be
ok.

Please test it if you can; after about a week I will upload my changes
to texlive p4 if no problems are found.

I would like put some more info at http://pdftex.sarovar.org when I have
more time to work on it. If you would like to help, please let me know.

Thanh

PS: to Hans: I didn't look at your problem with hz yet.

PS2: to Hartmut: I implemented psname_lookup as we discussed. It was not
very complicated, as thanks to avl it's easy to find all entries with
the same psname + slant + extend. Now all the fm entries are also
inserted to ps_tree. I had more work with checking those tfms and
picking up the `right' one.