[pdftex] CBARDEF error from acroread

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Tue May 18 18:57:16 CEST 2004

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 01:18:59PM +0100, JONATHAN MILTON wrote:

> I have patched and compiled pdftex to support
> changebar.sty on Solaris.
>
> pdflatex runs OK but when I open the resulting
> pdf with acroread I get :
> An unrecognised token 'CBARDEF:' was found.
>
> I would appreciate some pointers in how to debug and
> rectify this problem.

Some hints for debugging help for people that are
a little familiar with the PDF format:
* Use of minimal example files to get small
  PDF, log, ... files.
* Use of PDF standard fonts, fonts not embedded
  (times, helvetica, courier).
* \pdfcompresslevel=0
  Then the page streams are not compressed and
  the pdf file can be inspected by a text viewer
  more easily.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>