[pdftex] Embedding Base14 fonts

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Mar 29 17:01:01 CEST 2004

At 14:14 29/03/2004, George N. White III wrote:

>The "easy" fix is to use the URW fonts and always embed.  With figures
>I often convert fonts to paths so I can be sure they will display properly
>now and in the future.

indeed, since few years i always embed everything (otherwise one gets the
arial instead and worse);

btw, some time ago we had a project with graphic coming from different
suppliers, and when i looked in the resulting doc i found out that there
were some 8 different lucida clones/instances in there. (something similar
for helvetica). I tried to explain that to the people responsible for it
... and gave up; their validation tools (sic) saw no danger luring.

(i must look into that convert to paths; does that influence the quality?)

Hans