[pdftex] How to set Right Edge binding attribute in pdfLaTeX?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Mar 1 22:52:00 CET 2004

    > $ Error: /typecheck in --write--
    > [...]
    > Ghostscript 7.05: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

    > Does anyone know if it is fixed if I upgrade to a better
    > Ghostscript?

I just tested it with all the ghostscript versions I have installed.
It only works with versions 8.11, 8.12, 8.13 and 8.14.

I do not have much experience with the latest versions of gs, so I
recommend to save the old version under another name before installing
a new one (gs -> gs-7.05).

BTW., bitmap fonts look very ugly in Acrobat Reader.  If you have the
metafont sources, you could probably use textrace or mftrace to
convert them to type1.

       http://www.inf.bme.hu/~pts/textrace/

Regards,
  Reinhard