[pdftex] Re: hsize inaccurate (PROBLEM RESOLVED)

Geoff Russell geoff at austrics.com.au
Wed Jun 30 02:31:18 CEST 2004

Firstly, thanks to everybody for their help and patience.

I generally use xpdf but occasionally use acroread and couldn't recall
which I used for which tests - I have a machine here with 6 Linux distros
on it and get confused at times!

The people who suggested acroread's shrink to fit option was the
culprit were right - it was and turning it off fixed the problem when
using acroread - provided I also set the paper size correctly.

But xpdf required a papersize setting also - which I've never needed
to give it before (probably because I usually use latex and supply it
with the documentclass and it gets passed along).

Cheers and thanks,
Geoff Russell

6 Fifth Ave           +618-8332-5069 (Home)          |
St Morris SA 5068     +618-8207-2029 (Work)          | geoff at austrics.com.au
Adelaide, AUSTRALIA