[pdftex] Reducing PDF File Size

John S. Dey jsdey at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 29 16:31:04 CEST 2004

Hi Reinhard,

Thanks for your reply.  The suggestion doesn't work on:

\documentclass[pdftex, landscape]{article}

\usepackage[draft]{graphics}

\usepackage{pdfpages}
\begin{document}
\includepdf[pages=-]{RatingPres062804.pdf}
\end{document}

I tried using pdftopbm out of the xpdf package and it almost works
except the
resolution options, "-r" does not seem to work.  I don't know anything
about
the PBM file format but the resulting pages extracted are in black and
white
and the resolution degrades as the number for -r is raised.  This
behavior
is contrary to what I would expect.

I didn't post to pdftex since I am off topic.  If you have any
additional thoughts,
let me know.  And thanks again for the response.

John Dey