[pdftex] Problem with hlines in pdftex

Gregory Collins greg-keyword-pdftex.630614 at subrosa.ca
Wed Jun 23 21:31:00 CEST 2004

Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> writes:

>     > We've traced the problem to the "colortbl" package; when the
>     > \rowcolor command is used, the color fill rectangle painted
>     > (which is white in this case) is painted after the table rules,
>     > and it's a rounding error THERE which is causing Acrobat to
>     > paint over the rules. Is anyone familiar enough with the
>
> Does the problem disappear if you zoom in?  Are the widths of the rules
> correct then?  If this is the case, the pdf file is correct.

Hi Reinhard,

You have to zoom in pretty far to get the problem to go away
completely. Whether the .pdf file is "correct" as-is is a semantic
quibble, because we have customers who will be reading the reports we
are generating in Acrobat Reader, and lines appearing and disappearing
due to rounding errors, no matter what the cause, is unprofessional.

As a short-term measure we've disabled support for row-colouring in
our reports, but we would really like to find a workaround since we do
nice things with colortbl like striping tables, etc.

Gregory Collins <greg at subrosa.ca>