[pdftex] Incredibly PDF filesize difference by pdflatex compared to ps2pdf

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Jun 17 02:14:04 CEST 2004

    > Minion-Pro is an OTF font, no? If used as such in pdftex, it
    > will be included without any subsetting nor reinterpretation.

It is a subset.  I wonder whether an external program is able to
perform subsetting.  Only TeX knows which glyphs are needed, so
subsetting cannot be done by an external program.

    > But maybe lcdf-typetools are used in order to convert them to
    > type 1, then maybe the strange things with duplicated
    > subroutines are a feature of these tools?

Unfortunately I do not have any OTF font.  So I cannot investigate.

Isn't Minion a multiple master font so that the program mminstance has
to be used?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25