[pdftex] Re: warnings

Morten Høgholm moho01ab at student.cbs.dk
Mon Jun 14 20:26:28 CEST 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:12:56 -0400, ivo welch
<ivo.welch at yale.edu> wrote:

> hi:
> My pdflatex runs receive tons of warnings like
>
> ! pdfTeX warning (dest): name{page.1039} has been referenced but does
> not exist
> , replaced by a fixed one
>
> of course, I use hyperref:
>   \usepackage[
>     pdftex,pdfauthor={me},pdfcreator={pdflatex},letterpaper,colorlinks,
>     pdffitwindow=true,pdfstartview={XYZ null null 1.5},
>     breaklinks=true,backref=true,plainpages=false,pdfpagelabels,
>     bookmarks=false,pdfpagemode=None]{hyperref}
>
> The warnings do not seem to make a difference in the pdf output, at
> least from what I can notice.  May I ask where the warnings comes from?
> (I did try to google for warning messages starting like this, but could
> not determine why.)  Can irrelevant warnings be turned off?

Do you have an index? It could be that you have an old index file pointing
to page 1039, which doesn't exist in your newer version of the document.
Or it could be the index in a dtx-file pointing where hyperref don't see
the difference between line numbers and page numbers (unless you instruct
it to).
--
Morten Høgholm