[pdftex] warnings

ivo welch ivo.welch at yale.edu
Mon Jun 14 20:12:56 CEST 2004

hi:
My pdflatex runs receive tons of warnings like

! pdfTeX warning (dest): name{page.1039} has been referenced but does
not exist
, replaced by a fixed one

of course, I use hyperref:
  \usepackage[
    pdftex,pdfauthor={me},pdfcreator={pdflatex},letterpaper,colorlinks,
    pdffitwindow=true,pdfstartview={XYZ null null 1.5},
    breaklinks=true,backref=true,plainpages=false,pdfpagelabels,
    bookmarks=false,pdfpagemode=None]{hyperref}

The warnings do not seem to make a difference in the pdf output, at
least from what I can notice.  May I ask where the warnings comes from?
(I did try to google for warning messages starting like this, but could
not determine why.)  Can irrelevant warnings be turned off?

sincerely,

/iaw