[pdftex] Undocumented hyperref commands

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jul 21 13:06:31 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 12:09:48AM +0100, Roboco Sanchez wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:48:11 +0200, Heiko Oberdiek
> <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 12:29:38AM +0100, Roboco Sanchez wrote:
> >
> > > A number of hyperref commands can't be found in the manual. For example,
> > >
> > > \pdfbookmark
> >
> > It *is* documented:
> >  hyperref/doc/slides.pdf or hyperref/doc/paper.pdf
>
> Thanks. I expected it to be in the manual.pdf

Then rewrite slides.pdf/paper.pdf as chapter for manual.pdf.

> > > \hyperlink{page.5}{go to p.5}
> > >
> > > I'm particularly interested to know what else I can do with the
> > > "page.5" part of \hyperlink. Also I would love to know other
> > > hidden/undocumented commands of hyperref.
> >
> > \hyperlink is documented in hyperref/doc/manual.pdf, section 4
> > "Additional User macros".
>
> It's mentioned in manual.pdf that it's to be used together with
> \hypertarget. But as I was asking, \hyperlink's used alone. I'd like
> to know what else I can put in there. For example, I happened to try:
>
> \hyperlink{section.5.2}{where are you taking me to?}
>
> and found that it jumped to Section 5.2. But I couldn't find anywhere
> in the manual that I could put "section.5.2" in that bracket so that I
> could jump to Section 5.2 of the document by clicking the link.

The manual says "anchor name". Of course you can use the other
anchor names, defined by hyperref. But I would rather use
\label and \ref or \hyperref instead of magic numbers "section.5.2".

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>