[pdftex] Tip: pdfanim

Enrique Vidal evidal at iti.upv.es
Sat Jul 10 20:07:13 CEST 2004

2004-07-09: Jochen Skupin dixit:
> Rolf Niepraschk wrote:
> > The following may be m     interesting:
> > ==> http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~skupin/pdfanim/
> > Note: I am not the Author!
>
> I am :-) So discussions about PDFAnim can be done via this list
> and don't have to be addressed to me personally.
>    Jochen

Hi,  I have been trying your pdfanim package.  I have long been
looking for something like this.  Thanks!

Here are some comments:

1. Even if I have found some problems in fullscreen, it is
   already quite usable.
2. In the step mode, I badly miss a "backward step"; Is there
   any technical problem to implement it?  may be with the right
   mouse button or with the back-space key (the space key already
   does a forward step).
3. I find a bit uncomfortable the frame numbering format.  In
   all my other animation scripts I use left padding zeros; e.g.:
   file_001.pdf, file_002.pdf, ... file_099.pdf, file_100.pdf
   To be used with pdfanim this has to be converted into:
   file_0.pdf, file_1.pdf, ... file_98.pdf, file_99.pdf
   [well, this is really a minor issue, but I just wanted to mention it]
4. Would it be possible to allow not only .pdf frame files but
   also .jpg or .png ??  For certain image types these formats
   lead to files smaller than the .pdf ones and with better
   visual appearance..

Thanks again for publishing this interesting package.
Enrique.