[pdftex] Include pdfcolmk in xcolor? (was: problem with color.sty
u.kern at web.de
Mon Jul 5 18:36:49 CEST 2004
I did think about including pdfcolmk in xcolor myself before since every other week there is
a thread on this list, asking for help with respect to colors and pagebreaks.
Given that in pdfcolmk.sty it is said:
% Limitations: * mark limitations: page breaks in math
% * LaTeX's output routine is redefinded.
% * Changes in the output routine of newer versions
% of LaTeX are not detected.
% * Packages that change the output routine are not
before I start to work on that inclusion, I would like to ask the pdftex experts:
1) Does every user of colored text automatically want pdfcolmk to be employed?
2) Are the cited limitations a problem for `normal' users?
3) Is there any other harm to be expected from loading pdfcolmk as a default?
4) What is the role of eTeX vs. TeX here?
5) Is there, perhaps, some work going on to implement a color stack in pdftex itself
(making pdfcolmk and the like superfluous)?
Any comments and suggestions are welcome.
WEB.DE Video-Mail - Sagen Sie mehr mit bewegten Bildern
Informationen unter: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021199
More information about the pdftex