[pdftex] \escapes and /Limits

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Sat Jul 3 21:29:14 CEST 2004

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

> * pdfTeX checks for equal destinations, (0) and (\060) are both
>   the same, but pdfTeX does not warn here.

But shouldnt't it? It seems to happen in compare_info() (now in
avlstuff.c), which could be extended in the same way to treat escapes
similar to pdftex.ch. Still it's a little tedious to have to do the same
at two different places, in two different languages...

> Therefore the approach should be:
> * converting the input into a string with 8-bit characters
> * str_less_str then can be let unchanged

...as can compare_info()...

> * converting during output (\\, \(, \), which else?)

...maybe all cases written in PDF ref. table 3.2.

Should not be too difficult. And maybe we can re-use conversion into
8-bit chars.

Best Regards

Hartmut