[pdftex] How to get pdflatex to embed and subset ALL fonts?

Elzbieta Roszkowska ekr at pwr.wroc.pl
Sat Feb 14 18:01:29 CET 2004

On Saturday 14 February 2004 10:16, Siep Kroonenberg wrote:

> The web2c directory of a texlive/tetex TeX distribution contains a
> file updmap.cfg. Check that the line `pdftexDownloadBase14 false' is
> commented out and the line `pdftexDownloadBase14' is uncommented and
> (re)run updmap.
>
> Alternatively, let dvips/config/pdftex.map point to or be a copy of
> pdftex_dl14.map or specify pdftex_dl14.map as mapfile in pdftex.cfg.

Thanks for the reply ! I have just tried out the second option (substituted
pdftex.map with pdftex_dl14.map), yet it doesn't work quite correctly. More
specifically, all fonts are embedded now, yet some fonts become undefined; I
get white spaces in the printout  and warnings like this:

Warning: pdflatex (file /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmmi10.pfb):
character 84 is mapped to .notdef

I have teTeX 1.0.7, not 2.0. Does it matter?

Elzbieta