[pdftex] how to embed mp3 into pdf using pdfTeX?

Tigran Aivazian tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Dec 7 01:42:33 CET 2004

Hi Alexander,

I think I found a bug in your package. I have downloaded the latest
version (8th November 2004) and narrowed down the problem to this little
test.tex:

\documentclass{book}
\usepackage{movie15}
\begin{document}
\pagenumbering{roman}
\includemovie[text=B]{}{}{test1.mp3}
\newpage
\pagenumbering{arabic}
\includemovie[text=C]{}{}{test2.mp3}
\end{document}

The mp3 on the first page plays fine but the one on the second page does
not play at all. If I remove the command \pagenumbering{arabic} (i.e. make
the second page to be ii in roman) then it works fine.

If I was using PageLabels I could guess that the destinations got messed
up somehow but I am not doing any of this in the above trivial document.

To make this test case complete I uploaded the test.tar.gz which contains
the above small file, the log and both test1.mp3 and test2.mp3 (and the
resulting test.pdf) here:

   http://www.bibles.org.uk/pdf/misc/

I also tested with movie15.sty in TeX Live 2004 which is dated 21st
October 2004 and the result is exactly the same. I am using TeX Live 2004
which has reasonably latest pdfLaTeX.

Kind regards
Tigran