[pdftex] scaling pdfannot's using scalebox

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Aug 27 14:44:09 CEST 2004

Alexander Grahn wrote:

>pdf annotations, such as links, are not properly scaled by the scalebox
>command from the graphicx package, if the source is fed through pdfLaTeX.

scaling of annotations is tricky (we could think of some low level pdftex support but even that side effects are to be expected); the problem is that for some reason in pdf annotations are in a separate layer and invisible to cm operations in the normal page stream (although they do scale, in some cases in funny ways, when the whole document is scaled in the viewer); their positions are hard codes and not relative to their 'location'; kind of a design flaw in acrobat

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE