[pdftex] (fwd) pdftex bug in hyperlinks across page boundaries and footnotes

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 3 12:44:28 CEST 2004

> > given pdf's color models a built-in simple color stack is not that
> > useful since much macro control is needed; (so a generic stack
> > model would make more sense, a kind of more powerfull marks
> > mechanism, but that's more tex than pdf); why don't you
> > automatically load pdfcolmk in color?
>
> What does that mean: Should I file a wishlist bug against the
> graphics package? When looking at the limitations of pdfcolmk.sty I
> don't think it is a good idea to load it in general as it won't work
> with LaTeX.

it's not a graphics package matter: it's up to the distributions, and
what they include in their graphics.cfg/color.cfg

> I'd rather have it documented at an prominent place. That could be
> done in the hyperref manual (I've checked 6.74m).

it would help if my faq (which most english-speakers refer to) had a
section on color.  on my list, but i'm not really an expert, so shall
have to do some research before i write the "answers".

isn't there a pdftex-specific faq somewhere?

robin